SPA-Maternity Care Access Portal
Single Point of Access (SPA)- Maternity Care Access Portal
- Referral form can be completed by women (self-refer), or by clinician/ admin staff
- Collects basic info, and provides links to useful information for patient to access
- Dependent on existing medical conditions, will allow woman to be directed to specialist to plan her shared care in a timely manner
- Rapid contact with a midwife trained to handle choice questions ( hospital delivery or homebirth option), provide advice and guidance and carry out risk assessment, all by 8-10 weeks gestation in a timely manner
- If woman has a language barrier or has no digital device, the referral can be completed and submitted on the woman’s behalf by the GP, admin staff, Link Support Worker or family member/ friends with her consent.
SPA Portal Link: